Re: Green glowing powder emitting gammas

I would.  Some of the paint materials containing radium that I have seen

had dried out over time and could pose an inhalation hazard.  Also, he

didn't give you any indication of what the exposure was "at a

distacnce."

Gerald Nicholls

New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection

609-633-7964

>>> Chuck Cooper <cooperc@teleport.com> 01/31/05 03:26 AM >>>

  On another list discussing art materials, I ran across this recent

post:

> I have green glow powder that says it is

> from the united states radium corp

> and it is radioactive - slightly

> my scintilating detector picks it up at a distance.

I can only assume that he has some old radium paint base, should I try

to track this guy down?

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/