[ RadSafe ] ANSI Standards for Portals, Meters and Dosimetry.

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 1 22:27:08 CEST 2005

Hi Tony,

Yes, there is some contradictory policies in play here.

The ANSI N42 Committee is not under the HPS Secretariat, and as such,
is not within my direct involvement in my capacity as Chair, HPS
Standard Committee.

Here is the ANSI N42 website, that may shed some light:

http://standards.ieee.org/getN42/

For additional information, I suggest contacting Morgan Cox for
answers to some of your questions, since Morgan is significantly
involved with these Standards morgancx at swcp.com
and also Mike Unterweger, NIST, also significantly involved
michael.unterweger at nist.gov

Good luck on finding rationale behind the scenes!
-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1902

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/