[ RadSafe ] ANSI Standards for Portals, Meters and Dosimetry.

KSmith teraboat at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 3 16:04:25 CEST 2005

While I can not speak for all the participants (more
than 3 dozen)our results for a radiation detection
device submitted during "round one" testing were made
available to us only March of 2005.

Part of the delay was explained by TSWG as:

"The overall document is classified and restricted
as to the agencies or governmental organizations which
can receive or access those findings."

It seems that everything is classified these days.

An invitation for manufacturers to submit devices for
"round two" testing was received in Jan/Feb 2005:

However:
"Equipment tested in the first round will not be
tested in the second round."

At least this round of tests have clearly stated
requirements, ANSI N42.32 through 42.35 that were not
made available to the submitters of round one.

Also note the careful wording at the end of each
performance standard: ...."for Use in Homeland
Security"."

The rules for round two, promise of public disclosure
and performance standards are to be found at:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20051800/edocket.access.gpo.gov
/2005/pdf/05-835.pdf

Better luck to any new submitters.

Karl Smith