[ RadSafe ] Re: LDR extends lifespan, and immune competence (again, still)

jjcohen jjcohen at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 3 21:15:11 CEST 2005

FYI, a few years ago there was a string on radsafe on the possibility of administering supplementary radioactivity to those with "radiation deficiency" in order to achieve "optimal dosage". In discussing the best radionuclide for the purpose, as I recall, those that tend to concentrate in single organs such as the radioiodines should be avoided. I don't think any consensus was reached on what the "best" radionuclide should be, but because of its uniform distribution, tritium would seem to be a good bet.