[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency remediation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 16:03:16 CEST 2005

Because iodine would concentrate in the thyroid. Also,
the concentration of KI is too small to be an
effective dosing agent even in the event of a
radiologial release from a nuclear power plant.

Again, you are assuming that additional radiation
would have a beneficial effect.  KCl helps to reduce
sodium in the body, which lowers blood pressure.  High
blood pressure is a greater health risk to the average
human than too little radiation, which is ill defined
to say the least.

--- dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com wrote:
> Why not use salt substitute, potassium chloride?
> It is readily available
> in grocery stores and has other benefits as well.
>
> Don Kosloff,
> Perry, OH and Shippingport, PA
>

>                       "jjcohen"
>

>                       <jjcohen at prodigy.        To:
>     "radsafe" <radsafe at radlab.nl>,
> <uniqueproducts at comcast.net>, "yuan-chi luan"
>                       net>
> <nbcsoc at hotmail.com>
>
>                       Sent by:                 cc:
>     shliu at iner.gov.tw
>
>                       radsafe-bounces at r
> Subject:  [ RadSafe ] Re: LDR extends lifespan, and
> immune competence (again,
>                       adlab.nl
> still)
>

>                       04/03/2005 03:15
>

>                       PM

> FYI, a few years ago there was a string on radsafe
> on the possibility of
> administering supplementary radioactivity to those
> with "radiation
> deficiency" in order to achieve "optimal dosage". In
> discussing the best
> radionuclide for the purpose, as I recall, those
> that tend to concentrate
> in single organs such as the radioiodines should be
> avoided. I don't think
> any consensus was reached on what the "best"
> radionuclide should be, but
> because of its uniform distribution, tritium would
> seem to be a good bet.

> The information contained in this message is
> intended only for the personal
> and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
> above. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient or an agent
> responsible for
> delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you
> have received this document in error and that any
> review, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please
> notify us immediately,
> and delete the original message.

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com