[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency remediation

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 4 17:48:18 CEST 2005

My 3, 40 lb sacks of KCL for water softener ($9 each) give only a doubling of background radiation (0.030mrad/hr) on contact. I have given KCL up as an added source of radiation, although about as much comes to most of us from the KCL already in our bodies as usual USA coast background, according to Luckey's book.

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Because iodine would concentrate in the thyroid. Also,
the concentration of KI is too small to be an
effective dosing agent even in the event of a
radiologial release from a nuclear power plant.

Again, you are assuming that additional radiation
would have a beneficial effect. KCl helps to reduce
sodium in the body, which lowers blood pressure. High
blood pressure is a greater health risk to the average
human than too little radiation, which is ill defined
to say the least.

--- dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com wrote:
> Why not use salt substitute, potassium chloride?
> It is readily available
> in grocery stores and has other benefits as well.
>
> Don Kosloff,
> Perry, OH and Shippingport, PA
>

> "jjcohen"
>

> > "radsafe" ,
> , "yuan-chi luan"
> net>
>

> Sent by: cc:
> shliu at iner.gov.tw
>
> radsafe-bounces at r
> Subject: [ RadSafe ] Re: LDR extends lifespan, and
> immune competence (again,
> adlab.nl
> still)
>

> 04/03/2005 03:15
>

> PM

> FYI, a few years ago there was a string on radsafe
> on the possibility of
> administering supplementary radioactivity to those
> with "radiation
> deficiency" in order to achieve "optimal dosage". In
> discussing the best
> radionuclide for the purpose, as I recall, those
> that tend to concentrate
> in single organs such as the radioiodines should be
> avoided. I don't think
> any consensus was reached on what the "best"
> radionuclide should be, but
> because of its uniform distribution, tritium would
> seem to be a good bet.

> The information contained in this message is
> intended only for the personal
> and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
> above. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient or an agent
> responsible for
> delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you
> have received this document in error and that any
> review, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please
> notify us immediately,
> and delete the original message.

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: