[Fwd: Re: [ RadSafe ] Some Australian Articles.]

Maury Siskel maurysis at ev1.net
Wed Apr 13 09:18:10 CEST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [ RadSafe ] Some Australian Articles.
Date: 	Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:14:02 -0500
From: 	Maury Siskel <maurysis at ev1.net>
To: 	Ivor Surveyor <isurveyor at vianet.net.au>
CC: 	radsafe at radlab.nl;, Know_Nukes at yahoogroups.com

Thanks Ivor. You have provided a timely reminder of an approaching
milestone day -- in just 13 more days, we will note another anniversary
of the Chernobyl accident. There should soon appear a new onslaught of
press releases, pleas for funds, near demands by "harmed" nations for
remediation funding for all of the generations of radiation damage to
their citizens.  There will be much clucking of tongues over the
hundreds of thousands of deaths, the unfathomable damage to the unborn,
and the horrible health damages inflicted on the world by the radiation
released from Chernobyl. Terrible, terrible ... send money, send more
money, and then some more! Untold financial benefits will inure to
nations, charity organizations, and outright anti-nuclear zealot
individuals and organizations.

Never mind the careful assessments by UNSCEAR showing a total of about
100 deaths attributable to Chernobyl. Never mind the finding  a couple
years ago of perhaps 2,000 cases of thyroid cancer in persons who were
very young on 26 April 1986 -- perhaps more by now. This has become an
annual financially rewarding ritual -- except for UNSCEAR which by now
may have been emasculated of its funding. I wonder how long ....

Ivor's comments are signifcant and incisive; thus I've left them uncut
below.
Cheers,
Maury&Dog   (Maury Siskel  maurysis at ev1.net)
An ounce of fear and passion is worth a ton of fact and logic. Jerry Cohen