AW: [ RadSafe ] Bob Cherry on pyrophoric uranium munitions

Kent, Michael D. Michael.Kent at nmcco.com
Wed Apr 13 13:08:26 CEST 2005

      UO2 + 2 NO + 2 O2 --> UO2(NO3)2

      UO2 + 2 NO2 + O2 --> UO2(NO3)2

      2 UO3 + 4 NO + 2 O2 --> 2 UO2(NO3)2

So Mr. Salsman,

Is your concern with uranium intake in the population?

If it is I suggest you go after the power plants which burn coal first.  The population as a whole receives a heck of a lot more uranium from these gems, then lets say, depleted uranium shells used in a specific theater half a world away.

Or, is your objections just to anything nuclear?  In which again I ask why not go after the coal burning power plants?  They release more unmonitored radioactivity in a year than a comparable sized nuclear plant. The coal burning plant also release mercury, which will affect your daughters baby a lot quicker than the minute amount of uranium being deposit somewhere around the world.  And their is a lot of medical research that DEFINITIVELY proves this!

Michael D. Kent

The opinions present here are my own.  And BTW I am on a break.