[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency remediation - nuclear power promotion

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 22:56:40 CEST 2005

How so?  If there are B cancers in the 0 - 1 rad
group, O cancers in the observed group of 1 - 9 rad
group, and E cancers in the expected cohort group not
receiving any radiation exposure, shouldn't the table
on page 802 of the 1977 paper shows that B + O < E if
the population are normalized to the same sizes?
Since B + O > E, where is the beneficial effect? Is
that hard to understand? You say you studied
epidemiology, so you should understand this process.

And what does "WHI hides the benefit of hormone
replacement by mingling smokers with non-smokers" have
to do with this discussion?

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com