[ RadSafe ] Re: Nukes are Green

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 23:12:08 CEST 2005

I don't think I used the word consensus.  I don't that
is appropriate in scientific studies, but facts are
not based on a majority opinion.  You and I do agree
on being skeptical, but on different subjects.  I am
skeptical of hormesis, cold fusion and perpetual
motion, among other things.

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Sorry if I assumed incorrectly, but you mentioned
> consensus in your post I
> believe.  In general, extraordinary claims require
> extraordinary proof, the
> basic philosophy of the skeptic.  Hence, LNT or
> global warming or thick
> water or alien abductions require extraordinary
> proof before they can be
> accepted as fact.  Simple, no?

=== message truncated ===

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com