[ RadSafe ] Re: Nukes are Green

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 14:47:35 CEST 2005

To me, the LNT is misapplied.  I think that there is
evidence that the LNT is appropriate in some
situations, like cellular irradiations.  However, it
does not scale up to large organisms.   As noted by
the HPS, there are no demonstrated effects below 0.1
Sv
http://hps.org/documents/radiationrisk.pdf An analogy
is the difference between the study of quantum
mechanics and Newtonian physics.

My problem with a lot of the claims of hormesis is
that data is selectively chosen to build a case.  The
tabacco lobby used to do the same thing.

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I am skeptical about all those things and more, but
> especially about LNT!
> However the stubborn adherence of many to LNT, an
> obviously bankrupt
> hypothesis, may make a strong argument for perpetual
> motion.  Like global
> warming, it seems to be a perpetual motion engine.

=== message truncated ===

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com