[ RadSafe ] uranium birth defect causation details

dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com
Fri Apr 15 00:31:59 CEST 2005

Mr. Salsman,

In mining the data, you apparently missed the following at the beginning of
the study:
"Conclusion We found no evidence for a link between paternal deployment to
the Gulf war and increased risk of stillbirth, chromosomal malformations,
or congenital syndromes."

Also, the study was not for "the entire population of male GWI veterans"
only a small subset and there was no information on exposure to DU.

The number of times you provide the link will not change the conclusions of
the people who performed the study nor the size of the study cohort.  But
your mining techniques will be appreciated by those political cohorts who
would have preferred that the GWI veterans instead fathered no children by
virtue of having been equipped with less effective anti-tank weapons.

Don Kosloff,

                      James Salsman
                      <james at bovik.org>        To:       Fred Dawson <fred-dawson at blueyonder.co.uk>
                      Sent by:                 cc:       radsafe at radlab.nl
                      radsafe-bounces at r        Subject:  [ RadSafe ] uranium birth defect causation details
                      adlab.nl

                      04/14/2005 05:31
                      PM

Fred Dawson wrote:

> I would be interested to see the particular peer reviewed and published
> papers that support your claim the that the entire population of male
> GWI veterans, many hundreds of thousands of people are, already
experiencing
> more than a 50% increase in birth defects

That is the fifth time someone here has asked for this:

"Overall, the risk of any malformation among pregnancies reported
by men was 50% higher in Gulf War Veterans (GWV) compared with
Non-GWVs" -- http://ije.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/33/1/74
(that data from prior to November 1997)

Sincerely,
James Salsman

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.