[ RadSafe ] uranium birth defect causation details

dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com
Fri Apr 15 01:59:34 CEST 2005

Mr. Salsman,

The authors and I all know the difference between cause and correlation.
Perhaps you should develop an understanding of that difference.  "No
evidence of a link" still means no evidence of a link.   Juggling the words
around and linking to other "no link" studies will not change that reality.
Try to become rational.

It was your assertion that there had been a study of "the entire population
of male GWI veterans".   There is no evidence that the survey respondents
were representative of the entire population of GWI veterans who had been
exposed to DU.   That is stated in the study.  However, the study that
found no link is corroborated by the other peer-reviewed studies that also
found no links.

All wars are voluntary.   I am suggesting that those who oppose the use of
DU munitions do so primarily because they want to see more dead American
soldiers.  I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

Don Kosloff
Perry OH and Shippingport PA

                      James Salsman
                      <james at bovik.org>        To:       dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com
                                               cc:       radsafe at radlab.nl, fred-dawson at blueyonder.co.uk
                      04/14/2005 07:01         Subject:  Re: [ RadSafe ] uranium birth defect causation details
                      PM

Don Kosloff wrote:

> "Conclusion We found no evidence for a link between paternal deployment
> the Gulf war and increased risk of stillbirth, chromosomal malformations,
> or congenital syndromes."

The authors spoke of a causal link seperate from the correlations they
found at

> Also, the study was not for "the entire population of male GWI veterans"
> only a small subset and there was no information on exposure to DU.

There is no vidence that the survey respondents do not comprise a
representative cross-section, and the results are corroborated by
the other peer-reviewed studies using complete medical record databases.

>... your mining techniques will be appreciated by those political cohorts
who
> would have preferred that the GWI veterans instead fathered no children
by
> virtue of having been equipped with less effective anti-tank weapons.

Are you suggesting that any war in which uranium munitions have
been used was not a war of choice on the part of the users of
those munitions?

Sincerely,
James Salsman

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.