[ RadSafe ] First Ever Intentional Hormetic X-Ray Exposure ?

QuitMed info at quitmed.org
Fri Apr 15 16:14:58 CEST 2005

This Wednesday at an orthopaedic surgeon's office I had a prophylactic
hormetic X-ray treatment for immune function stimulus/cancer prevention. I
do not know if this is the first one ever done exclusively for this purpose;
if anyone else is doing similar, let's share our protocol with everyone.

I have read all the literature I could find over the last 9 months
concerning radiation and chemical hormesis, and that hope posting my
experiences will help us get over our fear of low dose radiation and begin
using it for health purposes. I intend to continue these prophylactic
hormetic treatements or similar on a quarterly basis, as a minimum.

The machine was a Medicor M325 Milestone. No film used. Settings were 2.0
seconds, 100 mA, and 125 kVp which were the maximum for the machine. We
exposed a field 49.5 cm full torsal width x 50.0 cm from 2nd intercostal
space to 2 inches below the iliac crest.. Five of these AP exposures were
made consecutively. Head and throat lead protected. The machine required 165
seconds to cool off after each exposure before re-exposure was possible.

We had hoped these totaled 1+R exposure, perhaps someone can calculate the
amount delivered. I am 51 yrs, 73 inches, 201 lb, good health. After the
exposures, slight fatigue was noticed (similar to after light workout) for
about 30 minutes and then normal. No other immediate symptoms.

The surgeon was more interested vis his practice in the use of low dose
radiation for antibiotic resistant infection within the bone which he sees
commonly and generally means more surgery and/or amputation. He would like
to use this in his practice, so if anyone can provide me with a list of
references that cover radiation for infection, it would be most helpful. I
can report his experiences to the list as his results come in.

Glad to hear from anyone, especially dosage, exposure this trial generated,
settings for the machine.
Best wishes,
Jay Caplan