[ RadSafe ] James Salsman, the radiation protection professional

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Fri Apr 15 23:29:25 CEST 2005

Franz,

I take it that you were unable to convince the EU to charge me
with criminal eugenics for my opposition to teratogenic sperm?

> James Salsman has to my knowledge never given any information about
> himself, his profession or his affiliation.

I did, Wednesday, in reply to your question, directly to you as
well as the list:
   http://radlab.nl/pipermail/radsafe/2005-April/001129.html

> His homepage at www.bovik.org contains links to information on wind energy

As do my posts to this list.

 > He cites Britt Salbu ... completely wrong.

In what way?  Did he and his colleagues not detect uranyl ion in an
enclosed uranium munitions burn as reported in their paper last October?

> As mentioned by another RADSAFEr, uranyl nitrate will decompose at elevated
> temperature - so how should it form at even higher temperatures? I know
> - and a lot of other RADSAFErs should know, that transport of uranyl
> nitrate is highly restricted, simply because of the possibility to
> decompose and even sustain and enhance fire. I know of a European
> institute which wanted to get rid of a large amount of uranyl nitrate
> and another US-one which was very eager to receive it - and the problem
> was, that transport containers had to be used with one of the highest
> safety level, which made transport extremely expensive.

I am glad that I have learned this.  It implicates the UO3 oxide
species, not uranyl nitrate.  Were it not for my correspondence on
this list, I might never have understood that.

> James, it seems that your comments on RADSAFE are not well received,
> my opinion only being one among so many.

You are welcome to keep your promises, made and broken both last year
and this week, to refrain from replying to me.

Sincerely,
James Salsman