AW: [ RadSafe ] James Salsman, the radiation protection professional

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Apr 16 01:22:44 CEST 2005

James,

My comments are inserted below. You seem to have problems in reading
mails. I have not commented to you, but to the list. I have no problem
to take up commenting both to the list and your reply. Do you want to
construct some negative attitude against me, that I "broke" my promise?
Good luck! This has probably been an item in your training on tactics of
how to discuss and to devalue your opponents arguments by personal
attacks. I have only for a few political hardliners on the list a
negative image, but I could imagine that my attitude to your attacks
might raise a positive image for me - which I am not interested in. More
than enough persons have assured me that they like at least my technical
contribution if not always my political comments. This is what I
appreciate.

Why don't you stop posting to RADSAFE?

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Why should I take action? The EU is not in charge with such an
unimportant individual from somewhere in the USA, but I mentioned that
you might face problems when being in the EU and distributing such
ideas. Can't you read English?

> > James Salsman has to my knowledge never given any information about
> > himself, his profession or his affiliation.
>
> I did, Wednesday, in reply to your question, directly to you as
> well as the list:
>    http://radlab.nl/pipermail/radsafe/2005-April/001129.html

I cannot see any information about your credentials, your education and
your affiliation. Your "studies" of 140 hours are simply ridiculous when
comparing my experience of more than thirty years in this profession and
of the other participants of RADSAFE, which is at least several years up
to longer than my own experience. You still do not understand that you
do not have the slightest knowledge about what you are talking about.

Why don't you stop posting to RADSAFE

> > His homepage at www.bovik.org contains links to information on wind
> energy
>
> As do my posts to this list.

This list is not on wind energy, your posts are on radiation protection.

Why don't you stop posting to RADSAFE?

---------------------------------

>  > He cites Britt Salbu ... completely wrong.
>
> In what way?  Did he and his colleagues not detect uranyl ion in an
> enclosed uranium munitions burn as reported in their paper last
October?

----------------------------------

May I enlighten you, that Britt Salbu is definitely a woman??? Any
anti-female attitude?
No further comment except: Why don't you stop posting to RADSAFE?

> > As mentioned by another RADSAFEr, uranyl nitrate will decompose at
> elevated
> > temperature - so how should it form at even higher temperatures? I
know
> > - and a lot of other RADSAFErs should know, that transport of uranyl
> > nitrate is highly restricted, simply because of the possibility to
> > decompose and even sustain and enhance fire. I know of a European
> > institute which wanted to get rid of a large amount of uranyl
nitrate
> > and another US-one which was very eager to receive it - and the
problem
> > was, that transport containers had to be used with one of the
highest
> > safety level, which made transport extremely expensive.
>
> I am glad that I have learned this.  It implicates the UO3 oxide
> species, not uranyl nitrate.  Were it not for my correspondence on
> this list, I might never have understood that.

I cannot follow your reasoning. Be happy with this perceived information
and stop posting to RADSAFE.

> > James, it seems that your comments on RADSAFE are not well received,
> > my opinion only being one among so many.
>
> You are welcome to keep your promises, made and broken both last year
> and this week, to refrain from replying to me.

Just as a contrary I would recommend to you, to voluntarily stop posting
to RADSAFE or I would do whatever I can get you out from it.

Best regards,

Franz