[ RadSafe ] Re: First Ever Intentional Hormetic X-Ray

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Wed Apr 20 04:28:20 CEST 2005

Threshold, threshold, threshold, threshold, THRESHOLD ..... there! I got it out of my system. There is no hard evidence that low level chronic exposures cause ANY ill effect ... BECAUSE ... every MINUTE a human being continues to live, the chance increases that that human being will contract some illness/disease/ailment/malady ... it's a statistical FACT that the longer you exist, the greater the chances are that something bad will happen to you. We've been through this all before ... the longer you stand in the middle of the highway, the greater the chances of being hit by a car ... The longer you stand in piranha infested waters, the greater your chances of being bitten ... nudity increases these chances considerably. The longer you LIVE ... the greater the chances you will stop doing so. It's a crap-shoot. Every day you wake up and you throw your hat back into the proverbial ring of death. You put on your pants (unless you are protesting pants ... in that case ... put on your kilt/tunic etc. ...Just please ... if you are a guy ... no culottes)... you go out into the big bad world and you take your chances. You could get hit by a bus or contract cancer. So ... being exposed ... outside a sterile, clinical environment with birth to death controls and selected population isolation ... to low level radiation, over a long period of time ... CANNOT BE PROVEN TO HAVE ANY ILL EFFECT!!!!!! The parameters within which such a study would have to be conducted cannot be held to, due to the whole 'humans aren't lab animals' problem. When they change the laws so that we can rent twelve humans from birth to age thirty-five ... keeping 3 as a control group and raising the other nine in a completely sterile environment with an above average background dose rate constant of about 5mr/hr ... then we might get some meaningful data. Until then ... it's all empirical fluff. Now ... I know some humans who are on the fence as far as qualifying for non-lab-animal status ... but that is another issue. There are too many environmental variables standing in line waiting for their chance to do you in, for us to try to pin ANYTHING on low level radiation exposure. Please find another tree to bark up. This one is a 'no barking zone'. Persistent barkers will be fitted with sound activated shock collars in an effort to save having to go through this again.

Floyd W.Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.