[ RadSafe ] Re: First Ever Intentional Hormetic X-Ray

Maury Siskel maurysis at ev1.net
Wed Apr 20 14:32:24 CEST 2005

Dear Floyd,
I am overcome by the sagacity and clarity of your final disposition of
the nuclear LNTcontroversy. To withdraw even more fuel rods, as it were,
from the reactor, the LNT meltdown may depend on one more factor. You
may have overlooked the crux of, or at least another crucial variable in
the entire issue. It IS the fencesitters that we must be concerned
about. Have you considered the terrible damage that can be wrought upon
a chronic fencesitter? It can do terrible long-lasting, genetic,
debilitating damage to not only the cellular structure, but to the whole
organism. Some fences are more damaging than others; e.g., it certainly
is inadvisable to resort to kilts or tunics if you should select a
barbed wire fence. The linear no-threshold hypothsis (as well as the
curvilinear one) will be to no avail -- here, there probably is no
threshold at all -- the fencesitter is in excruciating pain from the get
go. He will gladly forego his fencesitting for the highway or for
shark-infested waters with alacrity.

qed: there can be no such construct or operational variable as an LNT.
Therefore, once and for all we can dispense with the LNT's of the world.
And when you find those nine rental S's, I'd very much like to meet one
-- those poor fellows will live longer than Lazarus Long and return to
arguing over whether we have enough bows and arrows in the cave
storeroom. And one final point if you have any influence over these
developments: please don't do away with all the trees, Dog is quite
sqeemish about those sound-activated bark collars. LNT is dead! Long
live LNT -- we shall be waiting to be done in -- or out, either way is
fine.
Cheers,
Maury&Dog   (Maury Siskel   maurysis at ev1.net)