[ RadSafe ] "Band-Aid" type check sources

James Rohrbacher JRohrbacher at wyeth.com
Thu Apr 21 17:07:51 CEST 2005

RadSafers,

I am looking for a "Band Aid" type radioactive check source to mount on
our portable survey meters.  We currently have a piece of DU mounted on
the side of the instrument with epoxy glue which I really do not care
for.  I have seen the sources I am looking over the years, but I have
been unable to find a supplier.  The sources are the size of piece stick
gum, the radioactive material is sandwiched in plastic  with an adhesive
backing and the surface has the tri-foil symbol.  These will be used
with standard Ludlum GM and NaI detectors.

Any leads will greatly appreciated...Thanks

Jim Rohrbacher
Radiological Engineer
Wyeth Research
1 Burtt Road