[ RadSafe ] "Band-Aid" type check sources

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Thu Apr 21 19:28:26 CEST 2005

Jim:

If I remember correctly these were attached to the older (very old) Civil
Defense GM Meters.  They now have small metal holders that can be mounted on
the Survey Meter with an exempt Cesium-137 source.  They can be purchased
from Ludlum or an authorized dealer.  They run about $50.00.

Ed

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728
FAX: 781-729-3593

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf
Of James Rohrbacher
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:08 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] "Band-Aid" type check sources

RadSafers,

I am looking for a "Band Aid" type radioactive check source to mount on
our portable survey meters.  We currently have a piece of DU mounted on
the side of the instrument with epoxy glue which I really do not care
for.  I have seen the sources I am looking over the years, but I have
been unable to find a supplier.  The sources are the size of piece stick
gum, the radioactive material is sandwiched in plastic  with an adhesive
backing and the surface has the tri-foil symbol.  These will be used
with standard Ludlum GM and NaI detectors.

Any leads will greatly appreciated...Thanks

Jim Rohrbacher
Radiological Engineer
Wyeth Research
1 Burtt Road
Andover, MA 01810
tel 978-247-3433
fax 978-247-2254

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: