[ RadSafe ] Radiation in San Fran's water

Jaro jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 23 19:26:12 CEST 2005

> >...  Just FYI - life is 100% fatal.

> As a resident of California, knowing that my state employs professionals
capable of such profound insight makes me want
> to phone their entire chain of command first thing Monday morning so that
I can share the details of the entire extent
> of my admiration for them.

.......you'd be amazed at how rare "such profound insight" is -- for
example, antinukes typically calculate radiation casualties by assuming that
all deceased persons died due to radiation-related causes.... in other
words, were it not for radiation (for example in the region around
Chernobyl), the population's life span would miraculously increase from its
previous average of 70 (or whatever it was) to well over a hundred, possibly
indefinitely.
Never mind that in regions of high natural background radiation, comparable
to that in Belarus & Ukraine, people's life-spans are at least as long as
those of surrounding regions (for example the popular resort area of Kerala,
India, or Ramsar, Iran).
=======

 >> Carl Sagan, on page 322 of “Cosmos,” explains that “Rongalup
 >> residents ended up with strontium concentrated in their bones,
 >> and radioactive iodine concentrated in their thyroids. Two
 >> thirds of the children, and one third of the adults later
 >> developed thyroid  abnormalities, growth retardation or
 >> malignant tumors.”
 >

> "There were twenty-one children on Rongelap Island who were
> under the age of ten at the time of the Bravo test.  Nineteen
> of those twenty-one have since had their thyroids removed."
>   -- Jonathan Weisgall, attorney for Bikini Islanders, 2000

..........thyroidectomies are NOT equivalent to death or even malignant
tumors :  many (most ?) of those thyroidectomies were precautionary -- some
would say needlessly so, based on the subsequent examinations of the removed
organs.

Incidentally, how does one go from nineteen thyroidectomies to "530 cancers
have already been caused by the tests" and "another 500 cancers are likely
to develop" ??? ......more of that "profound insight" ???

Barbara's account of her experience w.r.t. housing developments being
opposed in California by nearby populations due to traffic  concerns is very
much appreciated, as it helps debunk the Hunters Point BS by Dennis Kyne.
Thank you Barbara.

 Jaro