[ RadSafe ] More radioactive debris turning up in garbage

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 17:54:38 CEST 2005

My point is that once it is identified as material
used for patient treatment, the waste should be
disposed as it poses no risk.  (Who eats trash.)
There are spectrometers that do that kind of analysis
of the photon emissions.

What they should be looking for are large sources of
Cs-137 or Ir-192 from guages.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/part020-
> > 2003.html
> > 10 CFR 20.2003(b)Excreta from individuals
> undergoing
> > medical diagnosis or therapy with radioactive
> material
> > are not subject to the limitations contained in
> > paragraph (a) of this section.

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com