[ RadSafe ] Radioexcretia, etc. in municipal solid waste

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 19:26:01 CEST 2005

I can hold a NaI detector over my head to detect
cosmic radiation.  So I guess it must be bad because I
can detect it?

The issue is risk not detectability.  Do you think
radioactive patient waste in solid trash poses a risk?
 Is the risk greater than that of radioactive found in
the sanitary sewage system?

By the way, thanks for reminding me about message
lengths.  I do try to cut off old material, but
frequently forget.

--- "George J. Vargo" <vargo at physicist.net> wrote:
> Not really.  The difference is that it's almost
> impossible to detect in a
> sewage stream.  The paradigm is that "if you can see
> it, it's bad"
>
> By the way,  I have deleted all but your most recent
> It makes me crazy to have to scroll through endless
> duplication of entire
> threads for perhaps a single line of new
> contribution.  I know that
> bandwidth is cheaper than ever, but our time remains
> precious.

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com