[ RadSafe ] More radioactive debris turning up in garbage

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 19:28:09 CEST 2005

True.  But does it have to be?  What does it take to
make more reasonable regulations?  An act of Congress?
(He said with tongue in cheek.)

--- Gerald Nicholls <Gerald.Nicholls at dep.state.nj.us>
wrote:
> Life can get very complicated, and expensive, very
> quickly when dealing
> with rad materials in trash.
>
> John Jacobus wrote, very reasonably:
>
> That is the problem.  We have regulations that
> require
> every actions to be taken when there are no real
> risks.  Who do you know that eats trash.  Is the
> transfer to ground water more hazardous than the
> other
> stuff that is buried with it?  Why not let it decay
> in
> the landfill as opposed to having it sit in the
> truck.
> . . .

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com