AW: [ RadSafe ] Swedish Centre Party makes nuclear u-turn

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Feb 7 01:35:04 CET 2005

Regarding the Swedish situation mentioned: A few days ago there was in
the internet edition of "Dagens Nyheter", a well reputated Swedish
newspaper, a poll regarding the question, "Shall we manage in Sweden
without nuclear power?" ("Kan Sverige klara sig utan kärnkraft?) The
result was

  Yes: 18%
  No:  81%
No opinion: 1%

Total number of participants: 14 418.

I think that this result is remarkable. First of all it shows without
doubt what people really are thinking and not what kind of "opinions"
some self announced "experts" distribute about public opinion in mass
media. Secondly the extremely low percentage of "no opinion" shows that
people are really considering this question sincerely and have an
opinion.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer