[ RadSafe ] radsafe rules

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 16:20:11 CET 2005

On 7 Feb 2005 at 7:15, John R Laferriere wrote:

> Hello, Marcel- Welcome and thank you for taking over the list!  Sandy
> just asked whether there were any rules changes for radsafe.  There is
> one thing that Sandy posts that I feel is inappropriate.  When he
> posts news articles, he sometimes includes PR Newswire releases about
> his own company*.  PR Newswire is a for-pay service that companies use
> to help publicize their businesses.  The releases are normally written
> by the company, which then pays PR Newswire to publish the "news"
> release.  In my opinion, this is advertising, not news.  As far as I
> can remember, there is a prohibition on advertising on radsafe.  It
> would be one thing if he published PR Newswire releases of other
> dosimetry vendors (like Landauer), but I have never seen one.  Given
> the change in listserve leadership, now would be a good time to bring
> this subject up with Sandy, if you are in agreement with my views.
>
> *(Global Dosimetry Solutions.  There are two instances of this in
> Sandy's rasdsafe news posts within the last 3-4 weeks.)

I don't see this as an issue, since what I posted is in the news,
and, is information.

I'll go with whatever the list memebers want, and particularly the
rule that Marcel states.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1902

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/