[ RadSafe ] Fusion research inquiry

Walter Cofer radcontrol at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 21:58:38 CET 2005

I'm unaware of any government-sponsored research on the subject (though I
wouldn't be surprised if the DOE was spending millions on it), but there is
a California company that's been working on a fusion energy source:

Impulse Devices, Inc.
12731-A Loma Rica Dr.
Grass Valley, CA  95945
http://impulsedevices.com/
(530) 273-2826
D. Felipe Gaitan, Ph.D.
Chief Scientific Officer

I discovered the company when Dr. Gaitan posted a message on Radsafe last
year.  I was intrigued, so I checked out their website.  I don't know how
successful they might eventually be, but it was certainly fascinating to
read about (and I wish them the best of luck!).

- Walt Cofer
  Radiation Control, Inc.
  Tallahassee, FL
  (850) 519-5351