[ RadSafe ] Enough, already

A Karam paksbi at rit.edu
Thu Feb 10 18:37:06 CET 2005

A wise friend once pointed out to me that what we say about others tends to reflect more on us than on them.  I don't let my children go on about others, and I would be embarassed if they were to spout off in this manner in public.

I have met Franz and found him to be a very nice and humorous man in person.  I would be curious to know how many of those flaming him actually know him, rather than his postings.  (I also have met Casper, and he's a good guy, and a good HP, too)  I also know that my spoken German is better than my written German, and that I do a better job of communicating in person than I do in writing.

The recent threads have started to take Radsafe back to the "bad old days", when I quit my membership.  I would like to suggest that, in the future, those of you who are irritated by a particular person or question to take this issue up with that person, off-list.  To do otherwise will only serve to lower our group opinion of the person posting complaints.

Let's try to keep Radsafe about radiation and not about personalities.  It is, after all, Radsafe, and not Radflame, and all this personal stuff is really interfering with a few interesting radiation safety threads.