AW: [ RadSafe ] criminal action: WG: Casper Sun

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Feb 12 07:09:34 CET 2005

RADSAFErs,

I have been flamed recently on a certain topic, on the other hand I
received very positive replies. I hope that this has now settled
somehow.

But I think it is really necessary to forward that I have been very
surprised by an uncredible attack at the RADSAFE list, issued by a
person whom I do not know and who never has before commented on RADSAFE.
"Dietmar Muehlboeck". He obviously claims to know about Austrian
regulations etc. That he does not know that MR iR means "Ministerialrat
im Ruhestand" and not "Ministerialrat in Ruhe" is of no concern to me. I
am not proud of being "Ministerialrat", but I may put forward that it is
not at all describing a mid-level retired public servant: It is the
second highest hierarchical degree in a ministry. After retirement I am
extremely active in all kind of standardisation, visit conferences since
years on my private money, very often being a member of the scientific
committee, have participated in national, European and IAEA projects and
I am planning ahead of at least two years.

What bothers me most of all is that he called me (but not excluding
others) as being "quite old" and not being "productive", "around 65
years old" being an "old man". Fortunately I am quite a few years
younger.

I have no data about the age of RADSAFE users, but from my friends in
the USA I know that many persons are working still at age 70+ because
they like their job. Obviously their companies appreciate their
contribution and do not regard them as being unproductive. I know as
well that a lot of people simply have to work until their death because
of lacking retirement money.

I do not understand why there is no "flaming" on such a message, I would
have believed that a lot of RADSAFErs - the most valued by me - are
above 65. Really no opinion on this provocation?

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Schoenhofer,
> since according to Austrian civilian code one is not entitled to make
> third
> party, private emails public. Mr. Schoenhofer - see here: § 77 UrhG.
>
> And since Mr. Schoenhofer mentioned to be disturbed by mailers with a
TLD
> .mil - The group shall have in mind that "MR iR" means "Ministerialrat
in
> Ruhe" - iow: a mid-level retired public servant. Fine, but retired in
> Austria means not the same as in the US or UK, where one can retire
from
> service at an age when she/he is still able to be productive. In
Austria
> it
> means that one is quite old, somewhere around 65yrs. So I guess Mr.
> Schoenhofer is an old man abusing this list for compensating years of
> frustration in Austrian public service - and believe me, this can be
> frustrating. So now you might establish an idea on Mr. Schoenhofer's
> mindset.
>
> Cheers!
> dm+
>

> > RADSAFErs,
> >
> > Since the change on RADSAFE obviously some persons on RADSAFE
believe
> > that they can behave as if the list was their own. I am flamed in an
> > incredible way and even accused of having “provoked” the flamers.
The
> > flamer used words which I do not want to reproduce here.
> >
> > The latest development is, that I just received a flame (with typing
> > error), which was sent by somebody using my name on a yahoo account
(see
> > below). This is not only illegal, but criminal. I noticed that many
> > messages proposing my suspension from the list have a “mil” in their
> > addresses.  Is RADSAFE developing into these directions?
> >
> > ...yabbayabbayabba...
> >
> > Franz Schoenhofer
> > PhD, MR iR
> > Habicherg. 31/7
> > A-1160 Vienna
> > AUSTRIA
> > phone (international) -43-699-1168-1319
> > phone (national) 0699-1168-1319

> > An: franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
> > Betreff: Casper Sun
> >
> > Franz:  I am replying off line as you requested.  Your attack on
Casper
> > Sun was entirely unwarranted but expected within your limited
benavioral
> > have been well answered in general terms explaining assumptions.
You