[ RadSafe ] SPECT/CT survey

Jaro jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 14 04:12:31 CET 2005

I'm confused -- isn't "SPECT/CT" redundant ? .....there's already a "CT" at
the end of "SPECT"

The reason I thought there's much more PET than SPECT, is because it appears
that that's all the hospitals (in Canada anyway) are buying these days --
see graph at
http://www.cns-snc.ca/branches/quebec/slowpoke/accelerateurs_Canada_2003.jpg

.....its part of my CNS-Quebec web page presenting some basics of PET and
SPECT (in French only) at
http://www.cns-snc.ca/branches/quebec/slowpoke/CHUS_forensique.html
Included at the bottom of the page are four animated 3D pictures obtained
using both PET and SPECT (you have to click on the thumbnails to see them).

Thnx

 Jaro