[ RadSafe ] Radsafe rules and SOME people's conduct

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Mon Feb 14 16:31:10 CET 2005

Thanks Ruth. I think there are a lot of miscommunications due to the subtleties of most languages when interchanged. A simple example which had far-reaching interpretive consequences is the following: In the Bible, where it says that God took the 'rib' of Adam and made Eve, modern people have been taught that it was a real rib, as in a part of the rib cage. In truth, the word 'rib' in the original text/original language, means to cleave into two symmetrical halves. But, due to the ideology that women were less than men in the prevailing culture at the time of translation, women were given only the status of having been created from a single bone from a man, when in the original text it says she was created by using exactly one half ... making them equal metaphorically.

Go figure.

Floyd W.Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.