[ RadSafe ] Re: YES. we remain our own worse enemy

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 20 19:26:17 CET 2005

Thanks Allen,

I find it very disheartening when I hear fire and police officials
stating that their members will not enter an area when the dose rate
exceeds 2 mR/hr. These are the same individuals who enter burning
buildings, chemical fires, conduct rescue missions in swollen flood
waters, and they are afraid of a dose rate of 2 mR/hr????

The reality of radiation risk, well established for decades, has
given way to perceptions of fear mongers. I agree with you when you
say that there is a serious potential for "over-regulation and
exaggeration of radiation risks in the public mind kills millions".

How unfortunate.

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/