AW: [ RadSafe ] Editorial: " My nuclear nightmare "

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Feb 23 19:17:09 CET 2005

Fortunately all European countries are democracies, where every four
years elections are held. Decisions of one government might be
overthrown a few years later.

The conservative parties (CDU and CSU) in Germany have clearly announced
if they would win the next election, they would reverse the decision of
phasing out nuclear power. In Sweden the public opinion is more than
overwhelmingly demanding that nuclear power should play an important
role also in the future and that Sweden simply cannot abandon nuclear
power. I sent recently a comment to RADSAFE. In Finland the decision
stands firm to construct a fifth nuclear reactor.

In the far east NPP's are constructed. So what is the Nuclear Nightmare?
That somebody might attack a nuclear power plant with what?

The current hysterical news on the claimed vulnerability of nuclear
installations are very efficiently used by anti-nuclear activists.
Unfortunately the relevant (US) authorities (like the DHS) do nothing to
stop the hysteria. (I better stop here....)

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/editorial/story.html
?i
> d=
>
> > c9dfae5a-c563-4590-ad98-101ae33b10fc
> > My nuclear nightmare
> > The provincial government should use the threat of
> > terrorist attack on
> > nuclear plants as a reason to close Gentilly-2
> > HENRY AUBIN
> > The Gazette, February 22, 2005
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > Accidents and terrorism are the two things the
> > nuclear proselytizers want
> > the public to forget.
> >
> > One major industrialized country, Germany, has
> > already renounced the nuclear
> > path. It plans to scrap its plants by 2020.
> >
> > haubin at thegazette.canwest.com

> The information contained in this message is intended only for the
> personal
> and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of
> this
> message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
> delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you
> have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination,