AW: [ RadSafe ] Editorial: " My nuclear nightmare "

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 03:50:13 CET 2005

In a message dated 2/23/2005 10:21:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
franz.schoenhofer at chello.at writes:

The  current hysterical news on the claimed vulnerability of  nuclear
installations are very efficiently used by anti-nuclear  activists.
Unfortunately the relevant (US) authorities (like the DHS) do  nothing to
stop the hysteria. (I better stop here....)

No, please, go on.  I have been making this same argument for many  years.
Our agencies take very little responsibility for countering the  mis- (and
dis-)information in the press put forth by many anti-nuclear activist  groups, yet
these are the very agencies that are paid to be "experts" by the  people.
The people of the U.S. need to be contacting their state and  federal
representatives and asking them why the agencies they support with tax  dollars (or
through licensing costs passed onto customers) are not in the  forefront providing
information and countering the misinformation in the  press at every
opportunity.

Barbara L. Hamrick, CHP, JD