[ RadSafe ] pictures from Silverado Canyon tragedy posted - includes makeshift memorial pictures

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 27 22:33:12 CET 2005

You may have read about the horrible storms we've had in Southern
California the past few weeks. On February 20 tragedy struck the
Silverado Canyon area, when a landslide occurred and a boulder
crashed through the 2nd floor of the Shadybrook Country Store, and
killed a 16 year old girl who lived above ther store. This is not the
first time landslides took the lives in the Canyon, Back in 1969 a
landslide killed 5 including a fire station, in the same area where
the store now sits. We frequently drive through the canyon and it's
about 7 miles from where I live. I've added pictures of the
destruction and the makeshift memorial that is setup in front of the
detsroyed building. The pictures may be upsetting to some so don't
view if that is the case.

I consider the page to be a memorial to Caitlin Otto, who perished
that night.

http://sandy-travels.com/silver.shtml