[ RadSafe ] Re: Nuclear Power Plant Effluents / EMP, "Nuclear War Surviva...

RuthWeiner at aol.com RuthWeiner at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 23:47:44 CET 2005

I am afraid that I join those who aren't concerned enough about radiological
attacks to provide themselves with "fallout sheleters" stores of canned food.
etc.  Why?  1.  It is very difficult to assemble enough radioactive material
(that is aactive enough) to produce a "dirty bomb" of any significance.  2.
Nuclear power plants and facilities are among the most robust and best protected
in the world.

I myself am more concerned about an attack on a chlorine shipmen,t an ammonia
shipment, a shipment of propane or natural gas, and I don't take protective
action there either/

Buildings that can withstand earthquakes, not allowing building iin flood
zones, hurricane protection, and an adequate evcuation system, are all sensible
precautions to take.

Ruth

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner at aol.com