[ RadSafe ] Did the French Academy publish their report?

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 06:59:37 CEST 2005

Dear Dr.Muckerheide,

A few weeks ago you posted the executive summary of  the report by the French Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Medicine questioning the scientific validity of LNT "hypothesis". Was it published? Is it available in the open domain?

It is a bit strange that two learned academies come to  opposite conclusions by apparently(we still do not have access to the papers they used, to come to different conclusions!) using the same scientific peer reviewed papers. What will the nonexperts including the newspaper writers do?

I preserved a copy of  the summary you sent. I am interested to get  the full report. Is it available in electronic form? Two recent developments will keep us busy for some time. Apart from the NAS BEIR VII report, the paper in the latest issueof the BMJ by Cardis et. al. is also of interest.  I am expecting calls  from the national news agencies and newspapers.

The Times of India, the most widely circulated multi edition newspaper in India has carried the Associated Press version of the story. The font  is so large, I suspect that that they exhausted the entire stock of black ink they have!

Regards
K.S.Parthasarathy