[ RadSafe ] Did the French Academy publish their report?

Jose Julio Rozental joseroze at netvision.net.il
Fri Jul 1 11:03:27 CEST 2005

Dear Dr. Parthasarathy,

During my activities in Goiania, as general coordinator to respond the
the most serious radiological accident to have occurred to date,
I affirm that the great totality of population, more than 1 million, didn't
never have listen this word:
LNT or the extensive linear-no threshold hypothesis and many others.
Considering your question: "It is a bit strange that two learned academies
come to  opposite conclusions by apparently(we still do not have access to
the papers they used, to come to different conclusions!) using the same
scientific peer reviewed papers. What will the nonexperts including the
newspaper writers do?"
 I would like to present a reality in the past,  now remain and will be in
the future, I mean: bad communication, communication using abstracts words
to population. Nevertheless there were many lessons on communication of
nuclear issues, many were not learned.
In Goiania,  The  poor management of information and   the ignorance and
limitation of the population about nuclear energy led to illogical and
emotional  reactions,  beyond the reasonable.

I bring, in association with your question the following that I have to
manage in Goiania.

    .Ionizing radiation is an invisible enemy;
    .Ionizing radiation is dangerous to life;
    .All radioactive materials and radiation are potentially hazardous;
.    .What is exactly the meaning of small quantity, small amount or low
level?
    .Whom should I believe? Do you swear?
    .Who is right? Who is exaggerating?
    . How do we know whom to trust?
    .If there is scientific controversy about low doses and high doses are
dangerous, where do we fit in?
    .I do not understand what are you talking about.
    . Could you please repeat it again?

Best Regards and shalom

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze at netvision.net.il