[ RadSafe ] NRC Reports Lowest Average Occupational Dose EverforNPPs in 2004

bobcherry bobcherry at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 01:41:17 CEST 2005

When I was assigned as Army RSO to the Army Safety Office, I cautioned the
Director of Army Safety, who was a brigadier general and helicopter pilot,
about trumpeting the then-declining Army aviation accident rate to the Army
Chief of Staff too much. I thought that the statistics were fluctuations
around an average and that it was likely the rates would go back up a little
bit the next year (which they did). Of course, by that time we had a new
Directory of Army Safety.

So if the NPP occupational doses go up next year, which is probably an even
bet, what will the media say?

[I don't mean to belittle the achievement. It is certainly good news. But
before we get too excited about it, let's see what happens next year.]

Bob C