[ RadSafe ] MSDS stupidity

Robert Atkinson robert.atkinson at genetix.com
Thu Jul 7 18:11:37 CEST 2005

I was once sent a sample of a hazardous chemical to test in one of our
dispensing machines. It was in the packaging of a well known Lab
chemical supplier and complete with a MSDS. The safety precautions
included gloves, eye and respiratory protection. Skin contact was to be
avoided and if ingested immediate medical attention should be sought.
What was this highly dangerous chemical? Liquid paraffin, a common
ingredient of baby oil and a common laxative!
I guess if they put all possible warnings on the MSDS then they can't be
sued.

Robert Atkinson.