AW: [ RadSafe ] MSDS stupidity

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Jul 7 21:18:55 CEST 2005

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

I can imagine, that this is the point! In Europe we receive our prescribed
drugs not in small bottles counted by a pharmacy or a Wal Mart(?), but we
receive sets from the original company in a well sealed package. Any of
those packages contains a rather lengthy and really exhaustive description
of the drug, of how to take it, and also a lot of information about possible
adverse effects, which might be half of the text, ranging from slight nausea
to death. My doctor told me some years ago, that I should better not read
this part of the package insert, because otherwise I might decide not to
take the pills.... Nevertheless the real reason for mentioning all possible
side effects is nothing else than a precaution for that they might be sued,
if those effects would occur.

Remember the recent alarms in the USA regarding VIOXX and Celebrex. I took
two days ago a Celebrex my mother was advised to discontinue and she gave it
to me and I really slept without any pain in the shoulders and one of my
knees. Probably I will now die a few seconds earlier than I was scheduled
to, but it was worth it.

Best regards,

Franz