[ RadSafe ] pyrophoric uranium considered nonessential

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Fri Jul 8 13:44:29 CEST 2005

Maury Siskel wrote:

 > James, ... how soon might you challenge a truly serious topic like
 > gunpowder or spears?

Gunpowder and its combustion products are not very toxic, and
except for uncombusted saltpeter, they are not reproductive
toxins.  Saltpeter is not exactly a reproductive toxin, either,
except in the behavioral sense.

If it turns out that gunpowder combustion products cause birth
defects, you can bet that I'll write my congresswoman and whoever
in the executive branch suggesting nitrocellulose or whatever
else isn't a slow poison.

Sincerely,
James Salsman