[ RadSafe ] Re: Damage from Regulating U exposure

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:53:50 CEST 2005

Howard,
Did you read the article?  If you disagree with the
conclusions of the investigators, what are your
specific reasons?  It has nothing to do with gold or
cobalt in patients, of remediation.  Try not to wander
off of the subject.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> "The dose makes the poison"
>
> mg/Kg in the mice (below) is thousands of times the
> dose of gold given arthritis patients,
> or of cobalt given pernicious anemia patients in
> B-12.
>
> I still see no evidence of damage to animals or
> humans by  any dose of U .
>
> Over-regulation, as in picocurie clean-ups, do. much
> more harm than good..
>
> Howard Long
>
> James Salsman <james at bovik.org> wrote:
> Dear Dr. Long:
>
> Thank you for your message. I do not dismiss
> hormetic arguments,
> although I believe there is ample evidence that the
> individual
> variation of response to hormetic dosages precludes
> their utility
> in policy.
>
> Please have a look at this:
> http://www.bovik.org/du/devtox-mice.pdf
>
> What would you recommend as an appropriate daily
> dose of uranium?
>
> Sincerely,
> James
>
> > / As a physician with Public Health training, I
> see no credible
> > evidence of damage from U, except for obvious,
> extreme exposure as in
> > mining, bombs or careless handling - either from
> radiation or chemical
> > toxicity. This is NOT like neurological damage
> from lead in paint or
> > fuel additive, which was properly regulated./
> >
> > /Regulation as proposed by Salsman below IS
> damaging./
> > /HPs see /in production of nuclear power, /the
> economic disruption and
> > failure to access energy and prosperity resulting
> from such throttles,/
> > regulating hormetic doses, .
> >
> > Do respond to Salsman's misguided fears!
> >
> > Howard Long

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com