[ RadSafe ] Interesting article: EMP: America's Achilloes' Heel

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 19:52:59 CEST 2005

Yes, if not properly grounded the NukeAlert will be
shorted out.  Of course, if you too close to the
nuclear blast, so will you.  See.
http://www.princeton.edu/~globsec/publications/effects/effects11.pdf

--- John Andrews <andrewsjp at chartertn.net> wrote:

> I receive Imprimis, the speech digest from Hillsdale
> College.  The June
> 2005 issue has an interesting article about the
> effects of
> electromagnetic pulse (EMP) from a nuclear weapon.
> See:
> http://www.hillsdale.edu/imprimis/default.htm.  Go
> to the archives if
> you read this after the next edition is printed.
> The article gives a
> fairly concise description of the overall effects of
> EMP on out national
> infrastructure. Made me think about what effects it
> would have on me and
> my family.  (Your NukAlert will probably be fried,
> too!)  The author,
> Frank J. Gaffney, Jr. seems credible.  Worth
> reading.
>
> John Andrews, Knoxville, Tennessee

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com