[ RadSafe ] RE: Medical Radiological Technician Oversight

Celia celiar at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 05:04:40 CEST 2005

I have to make a few comments on this topic and this statement that was made - "I cannot imagine why a technologist would overdose a patient."
I don't think Arthur's comments are that outrageous.  This "overdose" does not have to be intentional - How many of us have had an xray taken only to have the tech come back in and say "I have to retake that shot" Why do they have to retake the shot? Because they missed the area they were supposed to get the image of. This is a perfect example of an overdose - I received more exposure because of a rad techs mistake. Are these mistakes tracked per tech, do these even get documented somewhere and at what point, if any does someone catch on to a tech who routinely misses the shot?
I think that a concern of lack of oversight is a legit concern.
Celia