[ RadSafe ] RE: Medical Radiological Technician Oversight

David Englehart davee at med-phys.com
Mon Jun 27 23:11:56 CEST 2005

Franz,

Most states in the US have licensing requirements for radiological
technologists, some have no requirements.  For example, the state I live in
has absolutely no requirements for anyone who pushes the on-button for a
general x-ray exam.  Only mammography techs are regulated.  However,
hospitals, imaging centers, and all other x-ray providers who care about the
quality of the exam being performed usually require ARRT certification and
that the techs continue to meet the experience and education requirements
over time.  Its strictly voluntary to require such training and
credentialing.  A lot of x-ray providers in Missouri, such as general
practitioners and chiropracters train their own personnel how they see fit
to take x-rays.

Sincerely,

David Englehart M.S.
Medical Physicist