[ RadSafe ] " Nuclear workers: low radiation dose linked to small increased r isk of cancer "

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 23:46:46 CEST 2005

On 28 Jun 2005 at 16:39, Franta, Jaroslav wrote:

> How accurate is this media story about the published study ?
> >From what I've seen of individual country studies (which contributed
> >to this
> global compilation, I believe), the cancer rates of nuclear workers is
> lower than that of the public in general -- although age adjustment &
> other factors need to be factored in.....

Other studies in the US power reactor population show the opposite.
When the probablilty is shown to be lower than for the general
public, the term "healthy worker effect" is thrown out. You can't
win!
-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1902

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/