[ RadSafe ] " Nuclear workers: low radiation dose linked tosmall increased r isk of cancer "

Muckerheide, James jimm at WPI.EDU
Wed Jun 29 02:23:41 CEST 2005

Well you can't win if you let them have the last (only) word.

Why didn't/don't the nuclear industries (i.e., your companies) clarify that,
e.g.,

- the US nuclear workers should be compared to comparable non-nuclear
workers,

- the "HWE" can't result in 0.6 SMR vs. the general population,

- workers in "hazardous industries" with carcinogens have cancers at greater
than general public SMRs,

- science reviews, including a formal review of the science in Canada for
worker compensation, that included some of the same "world-renown" epi people
that now misrepresent the data, showed that cancer can have little HWE
because latency and screening for employment work against having bias in
hiring and continuing employment.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide