[ RadSafe ] Absurd? Oh, the irony!

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:59:08 CEST 2005

Otto G. Raabe wrote:

> Of course, there are also going to be large quantities of contaminated
> waste materials produced by neutron activation of reactor components
> and other materials in and around a fusion reactor. So fusion reactors
> may produce large quantities of radioactive waste.

       ---In all that has been written in publications for the public
about the dangers of radioactive waste, I have never seen any reference
to the quantity of radioactivity involved. As a public issue, quantities
are apparently irrelevant. So I don't see the difference between fusion
and fission radioactive wastes as a public issue. This is a strange
world we are dealing with!