[ RadSafe ] DU hormesis? What radiation?

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 16:11:25 CET 2005

And why would you want to expose the skin to 500
mrem/hr?  How did you measure this dose rate?  Is this
a deep or shallow dose rate? (I am assuming you know
the difference.)

You may want to check with some radiation oncologists
about protracted skin damage. My understanding is that
when you get up to about 30 Gy (3000 rad) you start to
see effects like dermal atrophy, etc.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> DU "Poison Dust" sounds like just what I need for my
> hormesis belt.
>
> To raise my exposure from the ambient 15 mrem/hr,
> and have the benefits of the Taiwan apt dwellers
> (Chen, Luan, JAm PsMar 2004), 1/6 the cancer, or the
> nuclear shipyard workers,( 0.76 mortality rate when
> extra 0.5 rem), I've been wearing a 5 lb belt of
> used welding rods, 2% thorium. I can get up to 500
> mrem/h on about 500scm of skin that way.
>
> Who knows the typical radiation of DU on contact and
> at, say 10 cm?
>
> Howard Long
>
> Sandy Perle <sandyfl at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Fast network for info exchange on Japan nuclear
> accidents
> KEPCO submits report on fatal steam pipe rupture
> Fermilab experiment to beam neutrinos through
> Dairyland
> PPL says Unit 2 at Berwick plant set reliability
> record
> Areva, Westinghouse Chase China Nuclear Deals Amid
> Global Slump
> France signs on to pursue new nuclear technology
> Film Poison DUst features vets exposed to DU

=====
"Baltimore is actually a very safe city if you are not involved in the drug trade."
DR. PETER BEILENSON, the city's health commissioner.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com